This, my friends, is the summary of my January hustle. It began the year before when I decided to set measurable, concrete goals and do painful activities every day to get to it. To be honest, the past two weeks had been emotional for me and I had difficulty focusing so even if I achieved my step goals, I still was not able to do the extra workouts I’m supposed to. The last week was when I really slipped. I slipped on my sleep, and I slipped on my workouts.
However, it is important to celebrate our achievements regardless of how big or small.
- I was able to finish my first 5K continuous jog last Saturday and I finished it strong, not like I was going to collapse after.
- I was able to lose 3kgs from Dec 23 until the end of January.
- I was able to start a high-vegetable diet in the last week of January.
- I am grateful for the continued support of my mother in the diet I have now, and even she is eating more vegetables because of it.
- I am grateful for my 1-month no lupus meds milestone, and I’m confident that it’s not coming back–lupus was just a nutritional problem for me, nothing more.
- I am grateful that I find God in all the things that I do, and I continuously want to improve myself and be of service to the people around me.
My goal for Feb is to continue consuming a 70-80% calories of vegetable/fruit and in turn, reach 130lbs. Also, get rid of distractions and focus on those people who feed my mind, body, and spirit, rather than those who just burdens all three.