Monday is my favourite day of the week for as long as I can remember. If you are a gamer, you are probably familiar with the concept of “Restart”. Sometimes after an hours-long skirmish, I am still unable to finish the game or hit my goal (I’m talking Fire Emblem), “restart” allows me to begin again but with a better strategy than before.
Here are the top reasons why I love Mondays:
- Restart Mondays. Each Monday feels like I’m getting a fresh start from the week before. Erased are the fact that I didn’t get to juice or workout every day. It’s a new week and a new start for hitting those goals but with the added knowledge or strength created from last week’s hustle.
- I get to set my intentions for the week. I will often share my intentions during Sunday evening or Monday morning with by best friend or accountability partner. Setting an intention prepares me mentally and helps me focus on the tasks ahead. For example, last week I told my best friend that my intention was to get checked by a Rehab doctor and enrol into a PT program. We also shared that our goal is to get a workout in our week–and we did!
- We change bed sheets every Monday. I get to put on fresh bed sheets every Monday morning and do a 30-minute cleaning of my room. Just clearing the clutter and having new and fragrant (Downy Passion) sheets feel like a new beginning.
- Mondays are when we got new episodes of Game of Thrones. Enough said.
- Monday has the ability to set the pace of your whole week. If you had a productive first day of the week, it builds the momentum for the following days.
- Mondays get me giddy and excited. I feel like Mondays are mini-New Years and once again, anything is possible.
Over to you:
Do you love your Mondays too?!