I had things rolling consistently last January coming out with two blog posts a week. Then I was greeted with a full-scheduled week, a semi-permanent house guest, my brother’s family getting ready to move to Poland, a few stressful days, and that consistency broke.
Here I am trying to put the pieces back together and learning how to build strong habits that will stand the test of adversity (aka life).
So here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Reading up and consuming everything James Clear. James Clear has his niche on building habits to achieve goals. I’ve read so many books about how to create goals, having a vision and a strong reason for your goals, people’s achievements and successes but not many about the in-depth, day-to-day of how things are done. James talks about building an environment–a set of habits–that dives into the process, the action, and execution necessary to get where we want to be. I like his style because it’s scientific with just the right seasoning of James’ passion and personal flavour (which I like, not too woo-woo).
- I am finishing up on a course called Optimal Living 101. Sponsored by my boss, Joey. It’s supposed to be an encompassing course on how to live a life of Areté (virtue). This course includes broad concepts from both classical and contemporary thinkers and honing on how to live my best self, moment to moment.
- I bought a Canon G7x mk2 and I’m excited to take my blog photos to the next level. I want them to be nicer and more personal (not taken from google images). I also got a Joby Gorillapod Hybrid from Tech Smart Philippines which will arrive tomorrow. The last camera I had was from 2009 (eight years ago), a Panasonic Lumix GF1, first of its name, first in the line of micro 4/3s. It still works, but it’s outdated (and I think the AWB is off). It has only two lenses, both prime lens, 14mm and 20mm.
- Korean. There was a week this February when I ate out in a Korean Grill twice (A-Won and Bornga) and I gained 1kgs 😂. I’ll be writing a little bit about that later on.
- I also finished watching Weight Lifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (whatheck mouthful of a name). Which was funny, but I feel is aimed for the younger version of myself.
I’ve been a heavy consumer these past weeks. And I want to step out of that environment and start creating again, start writing, taking more pictures, writing about experiences, contributing to the world. Nonetheless, I’m grateful.
Go out and do more!